The art of feng shui dates back to over 3 000 years ago. Known as an ancient art form, feng shui balances the energies of any space within your home in order to ensure that health, good fortune and success flow your way. While many may laugh at the reasoning behind feng shui, it is known to creating a relaxing and calming ambience.
WAYS TO FENG SHUI YOUR PERSONAL SPACE
- Ensure that your bed is accessible from both sides. A well-balanced bed, complemented with two bedside tables, project the ideal energy for your night-time slumber.
- Don’t leave your bedroom door open at night. This also includes your cupboards, doors to balconies or en-suite bathrooms. Keeping doors closed ensures that a healthy energy is kept within this space.
- Keep the TV and any other electronic equipment (such as computers etc.) out of your bedroom. This space is meant to be calming, by keeping technology in your personal space disrupts the calm energy from maximising its full benefits.
- Make sure that any mirrors in your room are not directly facing your bed. These often reflect the good energy away from you and back from the way it came from.
- Do not place your bed underneath a window. A window doesn’t provide the protective energy that a solid wall would.
- Try to keep your room as tidy and as minimalistic as possible. Clutter blocks the full calming effects that energy has to offer you.