Renowned entrepreneur and billionaire, Sir Richard Branson believes in living life to the fullest. With his enormous wealth (net worth approximately $4.6bn) and his various ventures (consisting of about 400 operations), and still finding time to have adventure, he must be doing something right.
Below we list some of Branson’s most insightful business and life lessons.
- Age doesn’t matter. Look at Branson’s life for example. At 16 he’d begun his first successful magazine. As long as you believe in yourself and find your passion, don’t let anyone look down on you regardless of your age – whether you are old or young.
- Look for opportunities. Branson was once quoted as saying, “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming along.” Keep your eyes open, and don’t be afraid to jump.
- Learn by doing. The only way that you are ever going to achieve something meaningful is if you have learnt to do it successfully. Sure, you’ll make mistakes but that is how you refine and better your previous efforts. “You don’t learn to walk by following the rules, you learn by doing, and by falling over,” states Branson.
- Don’t forget to give back. You’ll find immense pleasure in giving just as much as receiving.
- Enjoy the simple things. If you don’t enjoy the simple things now, you will never enjoy the bigger things. Find appreciation in everything you do.
Author: Justine Olivier